Student Leadership at Gleeson College
As a leader, Archbishop James Gleeson provided a leadership based on conversation, collaboration, compromise and harmony. He brought a deep sense of prayer and a spirit of trust in God. He has been and will continue to be remembered as a great leader and educationalist and one who constantly strove to promote social justice in the endeavor that all people be treated with dignity. He was a true servant of God.
At Gleeson, we support our Student Leaders to aspire to conduct themselves in a similar way. Opportunities exist for all students to exercise their leadership in many ways.
The Gleeson College Student Leadership Team consists of:
- A Senior School and Middle School Executive comprising of two Presidents and two Vice Presidents.
- House Leaders comprising of two senior school and two middle school Captains and a senior school Vice Captain per house.
- Liturgy and Social Action Captains comprising of two senior school students.
- Performing Arts Captains comprising of two senior school students.
- Health Captains comprising of two senior school and two middle school students.
All students have the opportunity to become involved in leadership at Gleeson College. The process of nomination and application is supported by key teachers at the College. The Student Executive Leaders are interviewed by a panel consisting of staff and current Student Leaders, where House Captains are voted into office by their peers and staff of Gleeson College.
Congratulations to our 2019 Student Leaders!