World Football Specialist Program
Photo: Our Gleeson First XI won the Inaugural Down Under Colleges Cup held on the Gold Coast in 2017!
Our World Football Specialist Program was formed to allow students with a passion for the game of World Football to train and develop under the skilled guidance of elite coaches. The program aims to provide students (boys and girls) the opportunity to develop their football potential towards the 'elite' level, while maintaining their performance in academic studies.
Click here to view our Year 10 Specialist World Football Program YouTube video: https://youtu.be/G5oPEbpHSc4
- To improve playing performance of players aged 11 to 16 years
- To compete successfully in State Knockout and Saturday morning competitions
- To promote an elite football culture through the provision of improved coaching and development programs identifying/coaching 'patterns of play'
- To adopt best practice in all areas of program development, administration and management
- To develop an understanding of how players learn, and related issues in sports science
- To realise and maximise students full potential in football
Gleeson College's program has a focus on development through learning at the highest level. We focus on:
- Individual ball skills training
- SAQ Speed, Agility and Quickness training (Quick feet movement improved coordination and fast twitch training)
- Finishing drills Improve awareness and technique in the penalty box
- Team related tactical knowledge Group plays and small-sided games
- Fitness, strength and stamina Testings
- Pre-match preparation skills including dietary requirements and post-match recovery techniques
- Football Sports Science
- Player self assessment manuals
Successful completion of the course will provide opportunities to pursue:
- Careers in Professional and Semi-Professional Football
- Work in Sport and Recreation
- Further and higher education
Gleeson World Football Program Graduates
Many of our program graduates have continued their pursuit of excellence on the field and now play professional football, both here in Australia and abroad!
- Grace Abbey - Adelaide United Lady Reds FC (Westfield W-League) / Heidelberg United FC (NPLW Victoria)
- Georgia Campagnale - Adelaide United Lady Reds FC (Westfield W-League)
- Craig Goodwin - Sparta Rotterdam (Eredivisie) / Adelaide United FC (Hyundai A-League)
- Jordan Elsey - Adelaide United FC (Hyundai A-League)
- Bradden Inman - Rochdale AFC on loan from Peterborough United FC (League One) / Crewe Alexandra (Football League One, UK) / (Newcastle United FC (English Premier League)
- Ryan McGowan - Bradford City FC (EFL League One) / Australian Socceroos / Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng (Chinese Super League) / Heart of Midlothian FC (Scottish Premier League)
- Dylan McGowan - Pacos de Ferreira (Portugal Primeira Liga) / Adelaide United FC (Hyundai A-League) / Heart of Midlothian FC (Scottish Premier League)
- Alex Mullen - Cambelltown City SC (National Premier League) / Sydney FC (Hyundai A-League) / Mars Hill College (USA)
- Daniel Mullen - Wellington Phoenix (Hyundai A-League) / Newcastle Jets FC (Hyundai A-League) / Dalian Aerbin FC (Chinese Super League)
- Matthew Mullen - Cambelltown City SC (National Premier League) / Adelaide United FC (Hyundai A-League)
PHOTO (L-R): Adelaide United FC Players and Gleeson Old Scholars Craig Goodwin, Dylan McGowan and Jordan Elsey attended Gleeson College Open Night.
Mr Clint Vause
P: (08) 8282 6600