Volunteers play an important role in the education of children and young people in partnership with the staff of Gleeson College. Volunteering helps provide quality care and education to our children and young people, and supports the College to promote values drawn from the Catholic tradition of faith in order to prepare students for more active participation in the world.
To be accepted as a Volunteer with Gleeson College, we ask that you:
Read, complete and return the CESA Volunteer Application Package
Read, complete and return page 16 of the CESA Induction Pack for Volunteers
- Read, complete and return the CESA Volunteer Declaration Form
- Provide a copy of your Certificate of Training for Responding to Abuse and Neglect: Education and Care. A link is provided for you to complete this training if you have not previously done so. Simply create a "pLink" account selecting Volunteer as the account type, and complete the training titled 'Responding to Abuse and Neglect Education and Care online course for Volunteers'
- Provide a copy of your current Police Check Clearance (Working with Children Check, Archdiocesan Police Check or DCSI Child-Related Screening dated within three years). An application link is provided in case you do not have a current clearance.
All Volunteers are required to attend a Volunteer Induction. Group sessions are offered in Term 1 with additional sessions available as required. Any queries regarding Volunteering should be directed to Ms Natalie Barrington, Safety Risk and Compliance Officer: email@example.com
Sports Coach volunteers are required to read the below documents in accordance with the College Volunteer Induction Program:
- CESA Codes of Behaviour for Sporting Activities
- School Sport Australia Code of Conduct
Volunteering on the Gleeson College Board
The Gleeson College Board has a strong focus on the capital and human resource management of the College. It ensures the College is a safe and productive environment for all who work and study here, through the provision of College policies and by supporting educational initiatives. Membership of the Board will provide you with an opportunity to become more closely involved in the education of your child and to make a positive and much valued contribution to the life of the College.
If you are a parent/caregiver of a student currently enrolled at Gleeson College and you are interested in volunteering on the Gleeson College Board, we ask that you read and complete a Board Nomination Form. The Board Nomination Form is in addition to the above volunteer criteria.
WHS Information for Board Members is an overview of Board Member responsibilities in relation to Work, Health & Safety, prepared by Catholic Safety, Health & Welfare SA and attached for your information.
Any available Board vacancies will be advertised late in Term 3 each year.